httpd-users mailing list archives

From "bruce" <bedoug...@earthlink.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] apache question...
Date Thu, 25 Dec 2003 23:01:00 GMT
yeah...

i'm interested in how i could go about dynamically changing the actual
pages/sites on a web server without having to restart the actual apache
service/daemon....

the only way i could see to do it.. would be to have some mechanism that
periodically goes and reads the config file... which would essentially
require me to rewrite a chunck of apache...

i was hoping that there's an easier way...

i'm looking to be able to dynamically configure an apache server to have
50-100 sites that will change every so often.. by changing, i mean the name
of the sites will change, as well as the site/page content, as well as the
URLs...

thanks

bruce

ps. as of yet.. no one has come up with a solution.. short of
stopping/restarting the apache service/daemon...

-----Original Message-----
From: agftech lists [mailto:lists@agftech.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 25, 2003 12:41 AM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] apache question...

May I know why do you want it? Though it sure will be interesting to
know - how?
apache will have to get some kind of signal to tell it that it has to
use the new configuration file... the HUP signal does it here...
I'll look forward to alternate answers for your query, when so many
experts are around here.
Aman

On Thu, 2003-12-25 at 01:54, bruce wrote:
> i thought that killed the httpd process and restarted it...
>
> i'm looking for a way that "doesn't" stop/kill the process at all....
>
> thanks
>
> -bruce

Aman Raheja
AGF Technologies