httpd-users mailing list archives

From "David" <linux-acol...@netelsys.com>
Subject [users@httpd] IP Aliasing & Virtual Hosting issue w/ Apache 2.0.48
Date Fri, 26 Dec 2003 04:28:01 GMT
Greetings,

    I've successfully installed Apache 2.0.48 on my Linux Red Hat. (Kernel
2.4.23)  My intention is to host my own two domains locally.

I'm attempting to utilize IP Aliasing, to bind my single NIC to 2 IP
addresses.

    eth0 192.168.223.40:80
    eth0/0 192.168.223.41:8080

My httpd.conf reads as follows:

    Listen 192.168.223.40:80
    Listen 192.168.223.41:8080

<Virtualhost 192.168.223.40:80>
    servername        www.domain1.com
    serveralias        domain1.com, *.domain1.com
</Virtualhost>

<Virtualhost 192.168.223.41:8080>
    servername        www.domain2.com
    serveralias        domain2.com, *.domain2.com
</Virtualhost>

============================

I intended have nothing listed for the Documentroot, since is only the
configuration phase, and it defaults the Apache documentation page.

I get successfully retrievet the default Apache page for DOMAIN1.  VIA its
local address, as well as outside the LAN.  But thus far haven't had any
success "seeing" my DOMAIN2 internally or otherwise.

Does IP Aliasing require that another "network" address be used?  (ie.
192.168.223.40 & 192.168.224.40)   I suspect my issue lies within the IP
Aliasing.
I can successful ping the IP Alias address 192.168.223.41 locally. And
netstat reveals that both addresses/port are up & listening.

Your input is great appreciated.

Regards,

-David