httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Somik Raha" <so...@industriallogic.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Charset problems with Apache 2.0
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:25:22 GMT

> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/mod_mime.html#addcharset
>
> Check out this link.  I did a search on Google, and this is what I
> was able to find.  It appears that you are on the correct path, just
> some light mods would help.

Thanks for the link. I've been through that, and if I understand it
correctly - this helps in content negotiation - when I have multiple
language versions for the same page, this would be a nice way to serve it.
However, the separation of content is logically achieved from the site
structure, and I have no need for the automatic detection and serving
feature. I need the japanese page served using the japanese charset on any
machine that requests it.

What baffles me is how this works by default in Apache 1.3.x and not in
2.0.x. Is there a bug introduced in 2.0? Also, I am not sure I understand
what you mean by "light mods".

Regards,
Somik