httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Zeljka Maglaic" <zeljka.maglaic-renex...@renault.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Problem on starting Apache Web Server 2.0.40 in IPv6
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 17:55:15 GMT
I have another problem, in fact I reconfigured my Apache Web server in IPv6 (I changed the
Apache configuration) like this :

Virtual host listen on an IPv6 address onlyListen [3ffe:ffff:100::1]:80
<VirtualHost [3ffe:ffff:100::1]:80>
        ServerName ipv6only.yourdomain.yourtopleveldomain
        # ...sure more config lines
</VirtualHost>

putting the IPv6 address, the address of the interface eth0!

But when I want to start the server in IPv6, the following problem occurs :

Invalid argument : make_sock: could not bind to address [3ffe:ffff:100::1] :80, no listening
available, shutting down

If anyone could know the reason why, because in IPv4 it works pretty well!

Thks!

Cordialement / Best Regards / Mit Freundlichen Grüssen

Zeljka MAGLAIC
Direction des Technologies et Systèmes d'Information
Prospective & Recherche

Office : + 33 (0)1 41 04 68 64 / Fax :  + 33 (0)1 41 04 53 23

RENAULT
860 quai de Stalingrad / TPZ D12 1 61
92109 Boulogne Billancourt Cedex
France