httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Correia" <richard.corr...@ugamsolutions.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Increasing MaxClients -- httpd.conf
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2003 19:41:36 GMT
Hi,

I am getting huge number of hits on my server, so I have increased the
MaxClients to 256. Now it seems like all my 256 clients are being used
and many requests are waiting in pool. Or at this point my apache is
denying further connections ?

How can I compile my apache to raise MaxClients limits ? My all
processes are in K mode [Keep-Alive ]. If I reduce the Keepalive time,
will that help me ?

Because all this hits are coming to a single url, which just send a
cookie. Not much data. And I don't see multiple requests happening on
single socket.

Please let me know what I can do to overcome this.

Thanks
Richard

Here is what my /server-status shows.

--------
Server Version: Apache/1.3.23 (Unix) mod_jk/1.1.0 PHP/4.1.1
Server Built: Jul 4 2003 00:48:13
--------

Current Time: Thursday, 04-Dec-2003 12:25:59 PST
Restart Time: Wednesday, 03-Dec-2003 13:10:34 PST

Parent Server Generation: 4
Server uptime: 23 hours 15 minutes 25 seconds

Total accesses: 2196008 - Total Traffic: 406.0 MB    // So many hits in
24 hours

CPU Usage: u685.73 s636.61 cu529.11 cs34.61 - 2.25% CPU load

26.2 requests/sec - 5085 B/second - 193 B/request
256 requests currently being processed, 0 idle servers

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKRKKKKKKKKKKRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKRRKKK
KKKKKKKKKRKKKKKKKKKKRKKKRKKKKKKKKKWKKKRRWKKKKKKKKKRKKKKKKKKKKKRK
KKKRKKKKKKKKKKKKKWRRKKKRKKKKKKRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
KKKKKKKKKKRKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKRWKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK