httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Thierry Danel" <thie...@danel.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Install apache
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2003 16:47:02 GMT
Thanks for your help !!

    I find my problem .... My hostname isn't correct ...

Bests regards
--
Thierry
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Thierry Danel
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 9:40 AM
  Subject: [users@httpd] Install apache

  Hi,

      I'm a newbie of unix ... and i have a problem :)

      My system is a Debain 3.0 with kernel version 2.4.22. I try to install apache on this
with the command apt-get install apache

      Setting up apache (1.3.29.0.1-3) ...
  Starting web server: apacheProcessing config directory: /etc/apache/conf.d
   failed
  invoke-rc.d: initscript apache, action "start" failed.
  dpkg: error processing apache (--configure):
   apache

      SomeOne can explain me where I can see the error ?

  I don't understand, but when I try to install apache with the package : apache_1.3.29.tar.gz

      ./configure
      make
      make install ...

      it's working !!!!

      I prefer to install apache with the apt-get command. Someone can help me ?