httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Nicolas Larkin" <nico...@brenelle.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Help with installing apache!!! help!
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:50:52 GMT
            Thank you all for listening to my woes.  I have tried to
install the trio of mysql, php and apache server many times through
different tutorials, but at some point along the way in each tutorial,
the author becomes incoherent and I cannot go any farther.
            Las time I installed apache and php correctly and when I
tested it using 'http://localhost' in a web browser, the common "apache
was installed correctly. . blah blah" screen.  Well in that tutorial, I
could not go any farther, so I uninstalled everything and tried over
again with a new tutorial which seems really good.
            The problem is that now, when I get to the screen where I
need to test apache right after installing it using 'http://localhost'
in my browser, I only get a page that looks like:

Index of /

  Name <http://localhost/?N=D>                     Last modified
<http://localhost/?M=A>        Size <http://localhost/?S=A>
Description <http://localhost/?D=A>

  _____

[DIR] Parent Directory <http://localhost/>         01-Jan-1980 00:00
-
  _____

Apache/1.3.23 Server at wosret.lv.cox.net Port 80

. and nothing more.  I have tried installing two different versions of
apache, but I can't get the 'http://localhost' test to work!

Please help if you can!

-Nicolas-