httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas George" <tgeo...@ibaset.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] mod_proxy and caching
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 22:01:17 GMT
Depending on your OSes and your architecture, you might consider an
automated/scripted ftp that looks for new files and update files, and simply
copies them over for you on a regular basis. Or, you might just tell the
developers to be sure to ftp their images a second time to the front-side
server... probably the former is the more graceful solution though.

-----Original Message-----
From: John B [mailto:apache@jbnet.cns-uk.org]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 1:14 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] mod_proxy and caching

> One solution might be to simply host the image files on the front-end
> server, and use an alias to the images folder; that way, all of the image
> paths will resolve to the front-end rather than the mid-tier... (I haven't
> actually tried this, but the connector on the Tomcat (with the ProxyName
> =http(s)://front-side.com and ProxyPort=80/443) should support it with no
> qualms..)

Thanks for the reply - I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.

The only issue is that there are quite a few different web applications on
the back-end servers, and there could potentially be images scattered about
all over the place.
It would be nice if I could some how have them automatically cached, and it
would save me the job of keeping the images on the front-end servers in sync
with the back-end versions.

Regards,

John