httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Kent Healey" <khea...@email.com>
Subject [users@httpd] New User 101 question: How do you open and save you httpd.conf file
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 15:36:40 GMT
When I install Apache (I've had to do it a few times now) and I find my
httpd.conf file, It does not open normaly.

The windows list pops up and say select which program you would like to open
this file with.

So I select the note pad. (so far so good?)

Then if I change a line of it, what do I save it as? The note pad can only
save as text as far as I can tell. So I have save mine as text.

I am begining to get the feeling that this is not the way to change your
httpd.conf file.

Last time I changed it, it messed everything up, so I simply saved it back
to the way that it was in the first place (however, since I opened and saved
it with note book ands save it as a txt file it wasn't the exact same as it
was in the first place) Or was it?

Thanks for any advice.