httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Belardo" <eric.bela...@comcast.net>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] New List member Problem
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2003 20:54:34 GMT
Jonas,

PHP is Working.. I did a simple PHPINFO() script and it worked
perfectly... this script was 1/2 way down the book on PHP that I have
been working on .. I've done echo() and other simple commands... but the
POST and GET commands do not work... :(

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonas Eckerman [mailto:jonas_lists@frukt.org]
Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2003 3:52 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] New List member Problem

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 15:12:47 -0500, Eric Belardo wrote:

>  ANY THOUGHTS???

Yes. Almost exactly the same thoughts as in my previous post.

1: The snippet from httpd.conf you showed is not enough to get Apache to
call PHP for execution of PHP-files. The PHP site at www.php.net has
documentation on how to set up PHP with Apache on Windows.

2: Don't actually try to do much when you're just checking wether PHP is
working or not. Just do a small "Hello world" page. Like <? print
"<p>Hello World!</p>"; ?> and nothing more. Once you've got a working
"Hello world" you can start trying to redirect, interpret form data or
whatever.

Regards
/Jonas

--