httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andre Schild" <A.Sch...@aarboard.ch>
Subject Antw: [users@httpd] Apache not forwarding to Tomcat
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:28:29 GMT
Hello,

Could you please give us the content of the mod_jk.conf file ?
As the index.html file is a normal HTML file, it is intended to be
served by apache. And here it looks like you apache server isn't
seeing the correct path.

Probably you miss a <location> setting for the jsp directory.

André

>>> j_joensuu@yahoo.com 27.11.2003 12:02:58 >>>
Hi all,

I have this problem that my Apache 2.0.47 server does not forward any
requests to my Tomcat 4.1 server (both running locally on my Thinkpad
with W2K Pro). I am using mod_jk_1.2.5_2.0.47.dll for the ajp13
protocol.

To be more specific, if I open a browser on my computer and enter the
url

http://localhost/examples/jsp/index.html

into the address field, I get the error:

404 Not Found
The requested URL /examples/jsp/index.html was not found on this
server.
 Apache/2.0.47 (Win32) mod_jk/1.2.0 Server at localhost Port 80

I also get the following error in the Apache error.log log:
[Thu Nov 27 12:15:53 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not
exist: C:/Apache/Apache2/htdocs/examples

which indicates that Apache does not route the request to Tomcat.

MORE DETAILS:

1. the examples folder is installed to
C:\Tomcat\Tomcat-4.1\webapps\examples and

2. I have included the following line in the httpd.conf file:
include "C:/Tomcat/Tomcat-4.1/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf"

3. I have checked that the directories defined in the
"localhost:/examples" section in the
C:\Tomcat\Tomcat-4.1\conf\auto\mod_jk.conf file are valid, and that the
file also contains the following lines:
<IfModule !mod_jk.c>
  LoadModule jk_module c:/apache/Apache2/modules/mod_jk.dll
</IfModule>
JkWorkersFile "C:/Tomcat/Tomcat-4.1/conf/jk/workers.properties"

4. I have checked that the directories defined in the
C:\Tomcat\Tomcat-4.1\conf\jk\workers.properties file are valid.

5. I have checked that the directories defined in the <!-- Tomcat
Examples Context --> in C:\Tomcat\Tomcat-4.1\conf\server.xml are valid.

6. If I enter http://localhost:8080/examples/jsp/index.html into the
browsers address field, the page opens without problems.

---

I have checked and re-checked my settings but feel quite lost at this
point. I am wondering whether my jk module (or some other part of the
setup) is listening / communicating on the wrong port...but which port
would then be correct? My Tomcat stderr.log states that: "ajp13
listening on /0.0.0.0:8009", but how do I know if I should change that
to something else?

Assistance on resolving this would be very appreciated...

thanks,

Jarmo