httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Martineau" <Jonathan.Martin...@travail.gouv.qc.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Hello all , right now im stuck with a strange problem and i would appreciate any help with this one.
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 20:14:15 GMT
Hello all , right now im stuck with a strange problem and i would appreciate any help with
this one.  Usualy im good to  find it by myself, but this one is really hard.

I have a problem with special character in link associted with PDF.  This problem is easily
reproductible.

1 - I install a fresh Apache 1.3.29 (apache_1.3.29-win32-x86-src.msi) on a Windows Xp Pro.
2 - Add these link in a page

<A HREF="http://127.0.0.1/Décision_07_05_1995.pdf">PDF test with accent</A>

<A HREF="http://127.0.0.1/Decision_07_05_1995.pdf">PDF test without accent</A>
<A HREF="http://127.0.0.1/téteux.txt">TXT test with accent</A>

The "PDF test with accent" will not display. I will got a empty page and the PDF plugin will
not fire ( the acrord32.exe wont start ).
But the "PDF test without accent" and "TXT test with accent" will show as expected...

Its a default install without any change on the config files.  is it the Browser pdf plugin
fault? or is it a charset  problem with Mod_mime ? any though

Thank in advance

John