httpd-users mailing list archives

From Doug Lipman <d...@storydynamics.com>
Subject [users@httpd] How to preview virtual domains from IP number?
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2003 23:49:06 GMT
I have tried to search Google, the documentaion and the mailing list
archives for a method to do what I want. Unfortunately, I appear to
be too much of a newbie to know the right terms to search for. Would
someone please at least point me in the right direction?

I'm using Apache on a Linux webserver, with several name-based virtual domains.

I'm moving a series of domains from my old server to my new Apache
server. Having loaded all the files to the new server, I want to
check the files in a web browser BEFORE I change the DNS servers, to
be sure everything's working.

How do I do this? When I type my IP number into a browser, it shows
the first virtual domain on my list. Is there a way I can somehow
bring up another domain, at least temporarily?

Thanks!

Doug

Doug Lipman, P.O. Box 441195, West Somerville, MA 02144
Phone: (781) 391-3672. Fax: (781) 391-6341. Toll-free: (888) 446-4738
Story Dynamics: workshops, performances, coaching

Web page: http://storydynamics.com
         Free monthly email newsletter, "eTips from the Storytelling Coach."
         "A wonderful, chock full of provocative ideas, storytelling
newsletter. I like it a lot!" - Loretta Greene (Tempe, AZ)

Upcoming workshops: http://storydynamics.com/Services/upcoming.html
The Soul of Hope: http://SoulOfHope.net
The Hasidic Stories Home Page: http://www.HasidicStories.com