httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Griffiths" <n...@adam-griffiths.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: starting httpd as a non-root user
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 21:10:52 GMT
Thanks for your suggestions, however, I do have Apache is listening
exclusively on ports >1024. If I try to start apache listening to a lower
port I get an error message when starting it from a non-root user. So I'm
starting apache listening on port 1234 and my problem is that it exits with
no error message.