httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Adam Griffiths" <n...@adam-griffiths.co.uk>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: starting httpd as a non-root user
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 12:14:38 GMT
One more point, it also fails with:

$ httpd -X -D NONROOT

i.e. without the "-D SSL", which enables SSL. This is important because ,as
a non-root user, httpd would not be able to bind to the SSL port 443 (in
fact with "-D SSL" it gives a message to this effect in the error log).

Anyway, my problem remains, the httpd process just exits with no error
message and nothing in the log.