httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] typo somewhere
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 02:21:23 GMT

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003, RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:

> Got apache 2 working on one server works great it was a pain to setup
> virtual hosting though kept getting 403 forbidden errors.  Finally got
> the thing working by commenting out most of the main server
> configuration settings and just using virtual containers.  I then copied
> the same httpd.conf to my second server changing the necessary virtual
> host containers.  Apache starts on this server with the following error
> [Tue Nov 25 14:55:38 2003] [alert] (EAI 7)No address associated with
> hostname: mod_unique_id: unable to find IPv4 address of "v21.higcoup.ca"
> Configuration Failed
>
> the v21.higcoup.ca part is wrong it should read "v21.highcoup.ca" a typo
> somewhere but i cant figure out where checked the httpd.conf and it is
> not there.  Checked my /etc/hosts file it was all wrong did not even
> have any entries for v21.highcoup.ca or v21.higcoup.ca so fixed it does
> it have to be reloaded somehow because i can not just reboot this
> machine.  Or is it somewhere in my DNS files

I'd have to check teh code for mod_unique_id to see what it is doing.  But
unless you are really using this module, it is best to simply comment out
the appropriate LoadModule line.  Few people really need this module.

If you do need mod_unique_id, I'd try setting a ServerName in httpd.conf
that actually maps to an IP address.

Joshua.