httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Includes + MultiViews (using SSI and Content Negotiation)
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 21:42:00 GMT

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003, Ivan Montoro wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm afraid I'm doing something wrong but could not
> discover what. I would like to configure a virtual
> host so I can have: index.shtml.en, index.shtml.es,
> common/menu.inc.en, common/menu.inc.es.
>
> This is my httpd.conf snip
> ----
>     AddType text/html .shtml
>     AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
>     AddHandler type-map .var
>     Options MultiViews +Includes
>     DirectoryIndex index.shtml.var
> ----
>
> I'm realy lost with Apache docs as english is not my
> natural language, could someone tell me please what's
> wrong with it?

You should start here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/content-negotiation.html#negotiation

Notice that there are two ways to do content negotiation: multiviews, or a
type map.  From your first paragraph, it seems like you want to do
multiviews, but your configuration is for type maps.  To fix that, you can
remove the AddHandler line, and change the DirectoryIndex line to simply
DirectoryIndex index.shtml

Also, in the future, you should state exactly what happens when you try to
access your sites, and include all relevant log entries.

Joshua.