httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: {SPAM 03.9} [users@httpd] RE: Directory not closed error :--Pl. help:
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 19:20:35 GMT

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI) wrote:

> All -
> Few days I had posted the same to pull up error log form remote server .
> When I configured for local error file client did not agree. Since this is
> form one of the security server form where directions are fetched.

I can't parse this last sentence at all.  It doesn't make sense
gramatically.

As I said, there is almost surely a better solution to whatever problem
you have but ...

> Now my issue is when I edit httpd.conf with the following lines it says
> directory not closed?????

> </Directory>

The back-slash indicates that the directive continues onto the next line.
So you've grabbed the </Directory> to be part of the ErrorDocument
directive.  Remove that last slash.

Joshua.