httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Host Deny with mod_rewrite
Date Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:53:56 GMT

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Navindra Umanee wrote:
> I switched temporarily to using <Limit>

I hope you aren't actually using the <Limit> directive.  If so, please
check the docs for the reasons it shouldn't be there.

> but it is not as convenient
> since I can't seem to use .htaccess with mod_proxy, and furthermore I
> can't do other tests like I can with RewriteCond before denying access
> (eg, looking at X-Proxy-* environment vars...)

.htaccess only affects the filesystem (like <Directory>) so it doesn't
apply to proxy requests.

You can, of course, combing mod_access directives with mod_rewrite
directives.  Just be carefull about it.

Joshua.