httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Getting error with httpd.conf HTML syntax:
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:09:18 GMT

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI) wrote:

> Thanks but that's what client wants !!!

I bet the client doesn't want a silly configuration like that.  The client
wants a particular result.  That result can be obtained in other ways.

> HP-UX_Apache-based_Web_Server/2.0.47 (Unix)

Then you are using the wrong syntax for ErrorDocument.  Litteral messages
must contain quotes at the beginning and end.

> Error.xml is on other server. Do you want me to copy to local server and
> fetch it from there!!!

Yes.  But at worst you can place the silly javascript redirect in a file
on the local server and reference it as I mentioned.

> I am new...

I am old...

(Actually, I'm not particularly old.  But that is neither here nor there.
;-)

Joshua.