httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 2.0.48 : Multiviews not honoured
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 04:23:15 GMT

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003, Michel Jouvin wrote:
> How to find more information on the error returned to the client ? (this is
> not an html error displayed by the browser (IE6 in this case) but something
> 'unexpected' by the browser with no error on the server side).

There are various tools out there that let you inspect the HTTP headers
sent by the browser and returned by the server.  A basic network sniffer
would do, but would probably be overkill.

Personally, I just hand-construct requests using telnet, but perhaps
someone else on the list could offer an easier method of inspecting the
headers?

Joshua.