httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] ProxyPass with parameters
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 01:10:47 GMT

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Werner Schalk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> a loop is created although the third party system is a non-local one.
> Hhm, I change it back to the ProxyPass thing. Did anyone ever used ProxyPass
> with parameters? I mean is this a bug or why does Apache escape the
> parameters (like ?userid=xyz-123)?

There is no reason to use ProxyPass.  It is designed only to handle the
simple case.  Your case is not simple.

Since you haven't showed us any details, it is hard to tell what your
problem is.  If I had to guess, I would say that you need something closer
RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://example.com/$1?whatever
so that you don't send all the requests to the same page.

See the mod_rewrite docs for more details.

Joshua.