httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kyle Dent <kd...@seaglass.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Perl cgi problem on rh9 apache 2.0
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 19:06:08 GMT
On Sat, 15 Nov 2003, Jez Hancock wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 01:43:25AM -0500, Brock Palen wrote:
> > This did not make a differnce in the error,  The error log says ,,,, nothing
> > gota fix that, this virtual servers error log isnt showing anything?/  access
> > log is.  As for running perl at the command line,  %perl hello.pl   works just
> > fine.  so still now solution
> The logs being empty is probably because of the LogLevel setting you

> have (emerg) - try changing it to warn or debug.  Unfortunately I don't think
> it'll tell you anything more than what you know already.

I disagree. The log will tell you the stderr output from your
script. In other words, it will give you the reason your script
is not running properly. We can all keep offering guesses as to
why it might happen, but your log will tell you why it is
actually failing in this instance. You definitely want to get
your error logging working. Your can turn it off or down once you
finish troubleshooting.

Kyle