httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wouter van Vliet" <wou...@springt.nl>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] .htaccess
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 09:29:21 GMT
As for generating htpasswd files and security of the .ht* files .. you can
ignore access to them with a <Files> directive, smth like

	<Files /^\.ht.*$/>
		Deny from all
	<Files>

would work. If you want to be sure about the syntax, check the docs at
apache.org... that will help you out.

Now generating .htpasswd entries.. Just provide the windows binary for that
somewhere to your users with some instructions. That's by far the most easy
way. Anybody knows if that's allowed by the license of Apache?

Grtx,
Wouter