httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] 403 forbidden
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:59:59 GMT

Quick checklist:

- File readable by "others"? (eg mode rw-r--r--)
- Directory "Allow from all" in config?
- Docroot contains "index.html" or other file allowed by DirectoryIndex
?
- "Options Indexes" set for Docroot (to allow directry listing)?

I would suspect the 3rd or 4th is the problem in your case...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>I played around with the permissions to
>try and get
>things to work but to no avial please help.  I ahve set up
>apache before
>and remember not remebering how to fix this for some reason. I think
>mostly it is the fact that i am stupid
>
>please help my site has been down for days

views of the sender's company.