httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Request enitity too large - HTTP/1.1 413
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 16:20:31 GMT

apache will throw this error;

"...if it fills up the buffer before finding the end-of-line.  This is
only going to happen if it exceeds the configured limit for a
request-line."

So this implies you might get round it by setting LimitRequestLine (see
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/core.html#limitrequestline)

However, I always thought that 413 was thrown in response to the amount
of data being submitted, rather than the size of the request line. But
the comment in the source seems to contradict that.

Give it a try and let us know...
Rgds,
Owen Boyle

>So I don't think it is this...anyone else seen this problem.
>
>Thanks
>

>--

views of the sender's company.