httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Stine, Matt" <Matt.St...@stjude.org>
Subject [users@httpd] Problems w/ suExec
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 21:13:17 GMT
Hello all.  I'm attempting to configure the web application PISE for use
on our Linux cluster.  For those of you not familiar w/ the program, it
builds web interfaces to common bioinformatics applications through XML.
These web UI's are implemented in perl CGI.

I have built C wrappers for these applications so that I can setuid to
the user who submitted the job for accounting purposes.  I'm
continuously getting the following error message to STDERR:

Insecure $ENV{PATH} while running setuid at
/home/web/html/Pise/tmp/revseq/A26756106797792/script line 121.

My first question would be:  Is this an error message related to suExec?

My second question: If so, what should I be looking at to address this
problem?

Thanks!

Matt Stine
Software Engineer
Hartwell Center for Bioinformatics and Biotechnology
St. Jude Children's Research Hospital
332 N. Lauderdale St.
Memphis, TN 38105
901.495.4602