httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wouter van Vliet" <wou...@springt.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] Messing with Headers
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:29:23 GMT
Hi Folks,

I'm running this website, an online webshop in Dutch comic books
(www.comicstripshop.com), perl 5.6.2 /mod_perl 1.26 / apache 1.3.27 and got
some problems with headers on various browsers/platforms. It all started
with a customer reporting one particular frame (yes, frames .. next step is
unframing ;)) to give some error code of 566. Posted that before. Turned out
he was a Compuserve (dutch branch of AOL) user, and probably the error came
from that. Eventually I discovered there was some problem with the headers,
which I had forgotten (stupid me) to print explicitly on that (and some
other) page. Now that I have done that, it seems to work on most browsers we
can test with. Though, Netscape 4.5 still complains about a missing *ughmm*
plugin for "application/x-perl".

Here's all the headers sent by that particular page:

[comics@stan comics]$ lynx -mime_header
"http://www.isbh.nl/mainpage/search/header_left.pl?zoekpad=1&mode1=titel"
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:44:01 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix)  (Red-Hat/Linux) mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6b
PHP/4.1.2 mod_perl/1.26
Expires: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 13:54:01 GMT
Connection: close

Of course, I want to be as compatible as can be. So this old Netscape
browser should read the page properly too. Can somebody advice me on
additional headers to set from my perl scripts, or maybe automatically by
Apache?

Thanks,
Wouter