httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wouter van Vliet" <wou...@springt.nl>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] typo somewhere
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:24:00 GMT
RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:
> Got apache 2 working on one server works great it was a pain
> to setup virtual hosting though kept getting 403 forbidden
> errors.  Finally got the thing working by commenting out most
> of the main server configuration settings and just using
> virtual containers.  I then copied the same httpd.conf to my
> second server changing the necessary virtual host containers.
>  Apache starts on this server with the following error [Tue
> Nov 25 14:55:38 2003] [alert] (EAI 7)No address associated with
> hostname: mod_unique_id: unable to find IPv4 address of
> "v21.higcoup.ca" Configuration Failed
>
> the v21.higcoup.ca part is wrong it should read
> "v21.highcoup.ca" a typo somewhere but i cant figure out
> where checked the httpd.conf and it is not there.  Checked my
> /etc/hosts file it was all wrong did not even have any
> entries for v21.highcoup.ca or v21.higcoup.ca so fixed it
> does it have to be reloaded somehow because i can not just
> reboot this machine.  Or is it somewhere in my DNS files
>
> please help

As root, you should be able to do smth like: "hostname v21.highcoop.ca",
changing the hostname of your server. Though, this problem might as well be
on ANOTHER server. Yor box's name might be just "v21", getting the
"higcoop.ca" from the DHCP server.

Wouter

(ps, you've got a familiar, not very common, last name .. Do you happen to
related to Aukje and Marieke? :P (Dutch folks know who they are))