httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Gary Shadley" <gshad...@dc-marion.ohio-state.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Folder Redirect to backend Web Server Question
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:26:24 GMT
Hello All:

I am hoping someone will be able to help me.  Here is what I am trying
to do.  I have Front-End web server running Redhat Linux 8.0 running
Apache 2.0.  This is what I am trying to do:

Using this address, http://www.dc-marion.ohio-state.edu/Arabic, I would
like to redirect the folder Arabic to get its data from a backend Web
server using http://www3.dc-marion.ohio-state.edu.  Is there a way to
redirect the folder "Arabic" on the front-end server to get its data
from the backend server?  I don't want the client to know that the data
is coming from the backend-server. I would like the client to see
http://www/dc-marion.ohio-state.edi/arabic.

Please help.

Thanks.
Gary Shadley