httpd-users mailing list archives

From Dave Morrow <david.mor...@autodata.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual Hosts with 1 IP and multiple ports
Date Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:38:14 GMT
I am a relative newcomer to Apache HTTP Server.  Have more experience with
IIS (stop laughing).

I am in the process of setting up several Apache servers to replace
corresponding IIS servers.  Currently, the IIS servers are configured to
serve websites on different ports. For example: http://website1:80
<http://website1:80>  , http://website1:81 <http://website1:81>  all on a
single IP address.  This is/was done to allow for easy configuration of a
load balancing device which sits in front of these servers.  I would like
to, if possible, configure Apache in a similar way.  Is this possible?
Anyone have a how-to type document?

David Morrow
Systems Technical Lead, IT Operations
P: (519) 951-6079
F: (519) 451-6615
mailto: david.morrow@autodata.net <mailto:david.morrow@autodata.net>

......poor planning on your part does not make an emergency on my

 This message has originated from Autodata Solutions.  The attached material
is the Confidential and Proprietary Information of Autodata Solutions. This
email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
have received this email in error please delete this message and notify the
Autodata system administrator at  Administrator@autodata.net
<mailto:Administrator@autodata.net <mailto:Administrator@autodata.net> >