httpd-users mailing list archives

From b...@elektrubadur.se (Björn Lindström)
Subject [users@httpd] Re: POSTing to index.cgi
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 17:06:08 GMT
bkhl@elektrubadur.se (Björn Lindström) writes:

> I want to have a script (a wiki script, called index.cgi) generate any
> page requested in my public_html directory.
>
> It works, until I want to change a page, at which point a POST to
> index.cgi is needed. This only works as long as I actually call it
> as ~bkhl/index.cgi

I might add that I have tried to reach the same effect using only
mod_rewrite, with the same bad results. Here is what that looked like:

RewriteEngine On

# If there's no query string, change the page name part into a query.
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^$
RewriteRule ^([^/]+)$ /~bkhl/cgi-bin/home.pl?$1 [QSA,L]

# Otherwise, do a plain redirect.
RewriteRule ^$ /~bkhl/cgi-bin/home.pl [QSA,L]