httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Tu <T...@bamco.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache Upgrade
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:22:49 GMT
Hi,

What I have:

Redhat Linux 8 /w the default apache 2.0.40 installed.  I then removed, the
apache using rpm -e and all dependencies associated with it.  I ran ps -ef
|grep httpd and also perform a httpd -v and no apache version is currently
running.

What I want:

I downloaded the latest rpm version of apache 2.0.47 and when trying to
install it using rpm -ivh apache*, I get five dependency errors.  They are
listed below:

Libapr-0.so.0
Libaprutil-0.so.0
Libcrypto.so.4
Libdb-4.1.so
Libssl.so.4

I am a newbie to all this, but just want to know if this is common practice
and I should just download those rpm packages.  However, when I do download
the above rpm dependencies it seems to have other dependencies.

Is there an easier way of doing this or it is just this complicated?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom