httpd-users mailing list archives

From Marty Landman <MLand...@face2interface.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] cgi executables on windows
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:07:39 GMT
At 02:36 PM 11/27/2003, Kerrigan_Martin@emc.com wrote:

>I am using apache to run some perl scripts using cgi on Windows 2000. I am
>having some trouble and any help would be greatly appreciated. It is very
>simple and I performed this on UNIX before but I can't get it to work on
>Windows.

Kerrigan, I had trouble when initially setting up Apache 2 to run cgi's on
my Windows XP box and then got it working. Getting it going on my FreeBSD
box was no problem, although that I assume was because it was already going
on Windows.

>The scripts are not running. Instead Apache is serving out the contents of
>the script and I am literally seing the perl code.

Here's an extract of what's in my httpd.conf file:

LoadModule cgi_module modules/mod_cgi.so

<Directory "E:/Apache Group/Apache2/web">
         Options +ExecCGI
         [snip]
</Directory>

ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "E:/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "E:/Apache Group/Apache2/cgi-bin">
     AllowOverride None
     Options None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

AddHandler cgi-script .cgi .pl

Apologies if this is more than you need -- or less. As the previous poster
mentioned you'll need .pl on that last AddHandler directive if you're
trying to run the script as a .pl.

Marty Landman   Face 2 Interface Inc 845-679-9387
Sign On Required: Web membership software for your site