httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Carsten P. Gehrke" <Cars...@rollinghorse.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] purpose of installbuilddir, errordir?
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:24:27 GMT
At 07:19 21-11-03, you wrote:

>On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Carsten P. Gehrke wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Where can I find documentation that explains the purpose of installbuilddir
> > and errordir in config.layout in Apache 2.0.48?  I have searched the source
> > tree, read ./configure --help, searched the Web and newsgroups, but cannot
> > find any satisfying answer.  The layouts in config.layout aren't helpful
> > either, as there seem to be numerous interpretations of their use (e.g.
> > under $datadir, under /etc, an so on).
>
>The easiest way to do this is to install using the default (Apache)
>layout, then check what is in the build/ and error/ directories.  The
>latter is for internationalized custom error messages.  The former is for
>a grab-bag full of stuff that is useful in building DSO modules after
>apache is built.
>
>Joshua.

Thank you Joshua.  I was trying to avoid doing an install before I knew
what was going to be installed, since it would be extra effort to remove
stuff that got placed where I didn't want it.  After doing some more
research, I suspected the purpose of these directories, and you confirmed that.

Thanks again,
Carsten

                             Carsten P. Gehrke
                      mailto:Carsten@RollingHorse.com