httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Walls <k6...@earthlink.net>
Subject [users@httpd] Converting Apache from Win2K Pro to Win2K Server
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 19:40:29 GMT
Howdy all,
    I am in the process of converting my home network from a Windows
workgroup to a Windows 2000 Server based domain.  So far that is going
fairly smoothly. My Apache web server is currently running under Windows
2000 Professional and I will be moving it to my Windows 2000 Server
based file server.  Other than Win2K Server trying it's best to turn up
an IIS based web site (whether I want it or not), anything I need to
watch out for?  I will also take the opportunity to upgrade from version
2.0.40 to 2.0 48.  I assume I should be able to load the new Apache
(from binaries), and then overwrite the httpd.conf file and the htdocs
directory structure and start it up.  Did I miss anything important?

Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org
Ofc:  626-302-8515
http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc