httpd-users mailing list archives

From RYAN vAN GINNEKEN <r...@shaw.ca>
Subject [users@httpd] typo somewhere
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 21:49:38 GMT
Got apache 2 working on one server works great it was a pain to setup
virtual hosting though kept getting 403 forbidden errors.  Finally got
the thing working by commenting out most of the main server
configuration settings and just using virtual containers.  I then copied
the same httpd.conf to my second server changing the necessary virtual
host containers.  Apache starts on this server with the following error
[Tue Nov 25 14:55:38 2003] [alert] (EAI 7)No address associated with
hostname: mod_unique_id: unable to find IPv4 address of "v21.higcoup.ca"
Configuration Failed

the v21.higcoup.ca part is wrong it should read "v21.highcoup.ca" a typo
somewhere but i cant figure out where checked the httpd.conf and it is
not there.  Checked my /etc/hosts file it was all wrong did not even
have any entries for v21.highcoup.ca or v21.higcoup.ca so fixed it does
it have to be reloaded somehow because i can not just reboot this
machine.  Or is it somewhere in my DNS files

please help