httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 403 Forbidden
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 01:37:46 GMT
RYAN vAN GINNEKEN wrote:

> here are the list of permissions set on my document directories i also
> tried setting them to user www and group www but that did not work
> either. Please can someone assist me farther i am stumped my log say
> nothing at all when i try to use the page.  One more thing that might
> help someone help me this page did work when i had the directories under
> /usr/local/www/data but i tried switching back and that does not work
> anymore.

Are you sure there's nothing in the error log?  Even on the default log
level there should be an entry for 403 requests.  If you increase the
logging level it should also tell you why the request was forbidden.

As a random guess, it could be that /usr/home lacks the proper
permissions.  IIRC, Apache has to have access to at least the 'x' flag
for every subcomponent in the path.  You might try "chmod o+x /usr
/usr/home".

Brian