httpd-users mailing list archives

From bvr <...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] name-based virtual hosting and NAT
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:01:32 GMT

Apologies apologies!

I discovered what my problem was: a really ugly creature named Microsoft.

The thing is, I was promised a direct port forward to the linux box I'm
running inside this network. Very dumb of me to assume that 'directly'
has the same meaning when dealing with Win$W%S, turned out that all
request we're 'transparently' proxied by a stinky piece of software
called 'Internet Security And Acceleration Server' (uwagh).

This 'proxy' manages to break HTTP/1.1 requests by default by making up
a new 'Host' request header from the destination IP, which is probably
needed to keep those pesky IIS daemons happy.

I'm very very sorry for blaming Apache while I should've blamed the
sysadmins here.

Anyway, thanks to everyone that responded..