httpd-users mailing list archives

From bvr <...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] name-based virtual hosting and NAT
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:36:07 GMT

Hi,

Yes the local IP is the only one apache knows about, that is my problem.

Everything works great when the alias resolves to the local IP, but the
idea is for people from outside to be able to see the site, so the alias
HAS to resolve to the outside IP. Because of NAT however the request is
comming into apache at the local IP.

It might work when I setup DNS in such a way to resolve to the local IP
when Apache does the lookup and to the external IP when someone from
outside does the lookup. However this seems like an overcomplicated
solution.

Regardless of what I would like to do, I would like to know if my
findings are true that Apache needs the aliases to resolve to an adress
it knows and listens to, why on earth it would bother about that and how
to overcome it?

Thanks,
Bas.