httpd-users mailing list archives

From bvr <...@xs4all.nl>
Subject [users@httpd] name-based virtual hosting and NAT
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 09:59:56 GMT

Hi,

This must be a FAQ but couldn't find any answers anywhere.

Very simple. A number of virtual hosts. NAT.

Apache listens to local IP, requests comming in on external IP are
forwarded to the local IP.

When my 'ServerName' resolves to the local IP, everything works fine.
When it resolves to the external IP, the virtualhost is not matched.
When I add a 'ServerAlias' the resolves to the external IP, only the
ServerName works, the alias doesn't.

Tried VirtualHost *, VirtualHost <local IP>, nothing works, please help!

No messages from apache nowhere not in debug mode how can I figure this
out, nothing in VirtualHost documentation, nothing on 'DNS issues' page.
WHERE?

Thanks,
Bas.