httpd-users mailing list archives

From Brian Dessent <br...@dessent.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Timeouts apache
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 20:10:56 GMT
Luis Gallegos wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a cgi program that hangs while trying to get information from
> other place.
> Does somebody know how could apache kill this process if for example in
> 3 minutes have not finished with it's request?

I don't think there's any way for Apache to do this, but what you could
do is run the script from inside of a wrapper script... This script
would install a signal handler for SIGALRM and then use the alarm()
function to schedule a signal if the program does not terminate.  You
could employ mod_rewrite to modify calls to this target script such that
it's actually invoked through your wrapper script, so that it would be
transparent to the end user.

Brian