httpd-users mailing list archives

From ma...@ai3.itb.ac.id
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Connection Refused - without missing info.
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 06:20:09 GMT

> The problem is most likely not the computer, which is has a CPU
> more than 98% idle and underutilized disks, but rather the IDSL
> connection coupled with the large JPGs that constitute the bulk
> of the site.  sar reports that for extended periods of time my
> network output over the IDSL connection is pretty much maxed out
> -- it often hits 18 kBps and stays there, which seems remarkably
> consistent with my 144 kbps IDSL connection.

Marno :
I see, sorry, in my last email I 'm forget to look at your internet
bandwith. If your internet bandwith is slowly, I agree with your
conclusion above:-).

>> Are there abandon hit to
>> your web server or are there abandon email to or from your mail server ?.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here.

I mean, before you do seperating your server machines, you'd better
considering the amount of work in your servers. Such as email
traffic per day maybe more than 1000 email per day or average of getting
your url more then 1000 per day which can see in your log record file. In
a good server I think this conditions will not give a bad performance. But
if you use a kind of pc as a server. Probably you have to chooce a good
hardware specification :-).

Regards,
Marno