httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Connection Refused - without missing info.
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 19:14:03 GMT
Bruce Feist wrote:
> And the randomness of the problem is such that when there is a
> problem, doing an immediate refresh often works.

As Brian suggested, it seems like the OS is turning down the connection,
rather than Apache. If Apache is too busy, it will either give an HTTP (not
TCP) error, or put it in queue. When you run a lot of stuff on the machine,
it may at some peaks reach too many active sockets in use. When you get a
"connection refused" try run "netstat -a" (or equivlent command) to see how
many connections there are.

When I tested your site, it always came up, but was crawling slow.

Regards,
Robert Andersson