httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Wouter van Vliet" <wou...@springt.nl>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Messing with Headers
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:37:51 GMT
Jonas Eckerman wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:29:23 +0100, Wouter van Vliet wrote:
>
>> Here's all the headers sent by that particular page: [...]
>
> Those headers looks perfectly fine. I can't see any reason
> for a browser receiveing those headers to start asking for plugins.
>
> The Content-Type is text/html, so the browser should simply display
> it as text/html.
>
> Could the broken old Netscape browser be checking the file name
> (header_left.pl) rather than the headers?
>
> Could there be any http meta-tags in the actual page that the browser
> chokes on?
>
> /Jonas

In fact, it turned out to be a matter of miscommunication. My uncle (who had
the old Netscape installad) was getting that application/x-perl notice on
another (temporary) page I had set up to check what would happen. Then when
he told me about the application/x-perl problem, I thought he saw that on
the 'real' page.. Thanks a lot for all your help.