httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ravi Kumar Munnangi <munnangi_i...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] changing the behaviour of mod_proxy
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 06:12:04 GMT
Hi developers and users,

  I have  the following  scenario in my lab now.
  172.31.19.23 is server with mod_proxy configured.

  The two actual servers are 172.31.19.24 and
  172.31.19.27
  I have divided the whole web content in two parts,
  each on one  actual  server.

  I have used mod_proxy directives ProxyPass and
ProxyPassReverse

  The system is working now.

  I would like to experiment in two other ways.

  1. I want the proxy server not to look at the
request URL but
    send the request to actual servers alternatively.
    If the actual server which gets the request
doesn't have that data,
    then it rewrites the request to other actual
server.

  2. I want to maintain some  database about the load
of the proxy
    server. I will select a threshold value for this
load. If the
    load is below the threshold value, then proxy will
look at the
    request and send to the actual servers as per
directives.
    Otherwise, it will follow as in first way( sending
alternatively
    to the actual servers and then may use rewriting)

By the second way I think I will be able to reduce the
load of proxy
server when it is high.

Please give me suggestions.
Also please tell me how I should start to do this.

Do I  have to modify mod_proxy code and recompile it?
or  are there any other ways to do this???

Thankyou.

waiting for your reply,
RaviKumar