httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jez Hancock <jez.hanc...@munk.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Too dificult: Apache v2 and bandwidth
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:00:05 GMT
On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 10:20:30AM +0100, Marc wrote:
> What I am looking for is a way to limit the bandwidth usage per virtual
> host (say 1GB p/month per virtual host or so) For apache v1.3.x several
> modules are available but I did not found anything for apache v2. ...Any
> ideas, suggestions?
One method might be to use a little known module called
mod_log_bytes to keep track of transfer usage per vhost and implement
account / vhost suspension methods if a user/vhost goes over their
alloted transfer limit.

Good luck finding any information on mod_log_bytes though - it's
copyrighted by apache but last time I checked there was no documentation
on it aside from the actual source code itself.  I only found out about
the module after using cpanel and having to work out why the http transfer
logging wasn't working - at which point I found out how the logging is
actually performed.

If you do find any useful info on it (or if anyone else knows anything
about it) I'd be glad to know about it - searches turn up very little
info. :P

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer