httpd-users mailing list archives

From Lars Hecking <lheck...@nmrc.ie>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Unresolved symbols on Solaris
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 12:51:54 GMT

> I hate these obscure dynamic loading buglets... A couple of things to
> try out:
>
> - check that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set the same in the shell that compiles
> apache and in the shell that launches httpd.

 I never ever use LD_LIBRARY_PATH. It is not set in any environment.

> - even better, setenv LDFLAGS "-R<dirs on LD_LIBRARY_PATH>" in the
> compile shell. This will build-in the paths in the binary and avoid the
> need for LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

 Should not be necessary.

> - ap_null_cleanup is a memory cleanup function. Your version of MM is
> pretty old (current is 1.3.0). <faint:hope>Maybe an upgrade will cause
> this buglet to evaporate...</faint:hope>.

 Thanks for the hint. But I'm afraid the upgrade didn't help.

> - mod_mmap_static is an experimental module and only does a bit of
> caching. Is it really, really necessary?

 I have removed it, but the error persists, now with mod_mime_magic:

# ./apachectl configtest
Syntax error on line 205 of /WWWserv/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /WWWserv/libexec/mod_mime_magic.so into server: ld.so.1: /WWWserv/bin/httpd: fatal:
relocation error: file /WWWserv/libexec/mod_mime_magic.so: symbol ap_pcalloc: referenced symbol
not found

 mm library is compiled statically only, and I have verified during make
 that the correct cpp/ld paths are used:

gcc -c -I../../../mm-1.3.0 ... -L../../../mm-1.3.0/.libs ... -lpthread -lmm