httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jez Hancock <jez.hanc...@munk.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Perl cgi problem on rh9 apache 2.0
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2003 13:20:40 GMT
On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 01:43:25AM -0500, Brock Palen wrote:
> This did not make a differnce in the error,  The error log says ,,,, nothing
> gota fix that, this virtual servers error log isnt showing anything?/  access
> log is.  As for running perl at the command line,  %perl hello.pl   works just
> fine.  so still now solution
The logs being empty is probably because of the LogLevel setting you
have (emerg) - try changing it to warn or debug.  Unfortunately I don't think
it'll tell you anything more than what you know already.

More often than not premature end of script errors when running perl cgi scripts
mean that the script produced an error for some reason so instead of
seeing valid headers ("Content-type: text/html"), the server sees only
the error message and complains.  If the script runs ok on the command line
though then this isn't the problem.

--
Jez Hancock
 - System Administrator / PHP Developer