httpd-users mailing list archives

From Admin-Stress <meerka...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_deflate does not work ...
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 02:02:51 GMT
I compiled apache 2.0.48, and I compiled mod_deflate as static module --enable-deflate

In the httpd.conf, I added lines like this :

# mod_deflate configuration
SetOutputFilter DEFLATE
AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain

DeflateFilterNote ratio
LogFormat '"%r" %b (%{ratio}n) "%{User-agent}i"' deflate
CustomLog /var/log/httpd/deflate_log deflate
# end mod_deflate

But why I did not see any log output in /var/log/httpd/deflate_log ???

I just want to compress html and text.

I cleared the web browser cache, and then refreshed the website. But I cant see the deflate
in
action. The size of deflate_log is 0.

Bug?